General

DVD casing + Manual + Comic

General

DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby BigB » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:27 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering, from the people that lurke around here, what would be your personal interest in having the game in a nice DVD casing, with the comic and maybe a nice manual ?
Thanks :)
User avatar
BigB
-
-
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby EvilTesla-RG » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Pure Epicness.

A computer game WITH a comic??

Nothing more needs to be said.
EvilTesla-RG
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby Timmah! » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:13 pm

BigB wrote:Hey guys,

I was wondering, from the people that lurke around here, what would be your personal interest in having the game in a nice DVD casing, with the comic and maybe a nice manual ?
Thanks :)


Yes please. I am too lazy to learn how to use internet-banking, so i never do any digital purchases. Boxed version of game is a must for me. I can live without comic and manual, but i wont complain, if they will be part of the package :mrgreen:.

Does your question mean, that you found potential publisher?
User avatar
Timmah!
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby BigB » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Timmah! wrote:
BigB wrote:Hey guys,

I was wondering, from the people that lurke around here, what would be your personal interest in having the game in a nice DVD casing, with the comic and maybe a nice manual ?
Thanks :)


Yes please. I am too lazy to learn how to use internet-banking, so i never do any digital purchases. Boxed version of game is a must for me. I can live without comic and manual, but i wont complain, if they will be part of the package :mrgreen:.

Does your question mean, that you found potential publisher?


Not exactly.., we did had publisher's talking with us, but so far we did not found an interesting offer, so for now the dvd boxing will be done by us, and bought online trough a verified e-banking service :P
I'm just tryng to see if there's a real interest in this.
User avatar
BigB
-
-
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby Timmah! » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:21 pm

BigB wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
BigB wrote:Hey guys,

I was wondering, from the people that lurke around here, what would be your personal interest in having the game in a nice DVD casing, with the comic and maybe a nice manual ?
Thanks :)


Yes please. I am too lazy to learn how to use internet-banking, so i never do any digital purchases. Boxed version of game is a must for me. I can live without comic and manual, but i wont complain, if they will be part of the package :mrgreen:.

Does your question mean, that you found potential publisher?


Not exactly.., we did had publisher's talking with us, but so far we did not found an interesting offer, so for now the dvd boxing will be done by us, and bought online trough a verified e-banking service :P
I'm just tryng to see if there's a real interest in this.


By yourself? You mean you burn the game onto dvd and Boris will write GEMINI WARS on the booklet, then you put into casing and send to me? :D
Seriously though, keep looking for the publisher (for Europe :D ), i really would prefer to buy it my way (pay cash on delivery, no e-banking involved).
User avatar
Timmah!
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby BigB » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:29 pm

By yourself? You mean you burn the game onto dvd and Boris will write GEMINI WARS on the booklet, then you put into casing and send to me? :D
Seriously though, keep looking for the publisher (for Europe :D ), i really would prefer to buy it my way (pay cash on delivery, no e-banking involved).


lol
Yeah, sure we will be printing the covers in our printers, and gluing them in the dvd's, then I will ask my friends to print the comics, and my dad will be writting the manuals with a pencil :P
User avatar
BigB
-
-
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby Boris28 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Maybe printing the game DVD manual on my printer would be not so bad idea :P. And I will be carrying the dvds to everyone like a pizza boy :P
Boris28
-
-
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby Gauntlet » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 pm

I presume you've already looked into online distribution via Steam or Impulse?

Will you be setting up any sort of download only purchase ability? You could charge me the exact same price... I don't care. Given the option I'd rather buy the game without a box/dvd/etc. and save you the money in packaging and shipping.
Gauntlet
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:16 am

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby BigB » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Gauntlet wrote:I presume you've already looked into online distribution via Steam or Impulse?

Will you be setting up any sort of download only purchase ability? You could charge me the exact same price... I don't care. Given the option I'd rather buy the game without a box/dvd/etc. and save you the money in packaging and shipping.


Yup, distribution in most of those online systems is already covered ;)
User avatar
BigB
-
-
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby Grottenolm85 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:33 am

Hi there,

yes a comic sounds like a nice gimmik, but i am rather sure that i won't buy a boxed version if there is no publisher in Europe(I don't care for a localised version though). Last time i ordered a game from the USA, the S&H was twice the price of the game, and it took 4 weeks to arrive. Take care that you settle all the neccesary contracts with Impulse and Steam. In the last months i constantly get advertisement for games i cannot buy from europe. Annother thing is the price. Many games cost less in $ than here in €, which makes games here almost two times more expensive.
Preferrably the game should not need a manual whatsoever (Damn s#*! Witcher 2!), but in any case the pdf version should have one page with important shortcuts with a bright background (suitable for b/w-printers). Normally i only have a few days for gaming every now and then and always need to write down the hotkeys when i resume playing after a few months..
In short:
- Don't rob europeans
- Don't let them wait a few more months for the game in a localised version if the english one is perfectly fine!
- Don't use any other copy protection other than cd-key. Money on that is wasted. Assassins Creed has a fucking annoying copy protection wich doesn't allow you to play it without internet con. and yet there a tens of thousands of copys free of any online-restriction on the torrent networks.
- Do offer a package bundle (e.g: 2 games 20% discount, 4 games for the price of 3). Much easier to get friends to play the same game if they have the feeling to safe a lot of money .
- Do offer a multiplayer spawn i can install on my friends pc to show them the game.
- Do implement a LAN- mode. I prefer sitting in the same room like the people i am playing with.

Thats it so far,

greetz, olm
Grottenolm85
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:36 am

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron