Offtopic

In the search of a game inside a computer...

General chit chat

In the search of a game inside a computer...

Postby Vampyre » Thu May 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Hello again guys,

I've discovered some cool indie games lately, and they are pretty amazing (even if the graphics are not astonishing), but the gameplay is way addictive... And I fell onto a small game, tower-defense like, with a nice built-in story... The game is inside a computer, and you must erect some towers called "firewall", and other stuff... I like that crossing between a game being inside a computer inside my own computer :p Love that idea...

I've also discovered another game, which is simple to understand, but quite hard to master... It's a masterpiece of addiction. It is based on the same way Robotwars was built back in the 1980's if I remember the name right. You had to program some robots and watch the result. The aim was to shoot the other robot.

Well, I'm now searching for any kind of those two games that I wouldn't know yet...

If you guys have any idea... :p
Vampyre

Re: In the search of a game inside a computer...

Postby Timmah! » Thu May 12, 2011 7:36 pm

There was an old strategy/shooter game called i believe Virus based on similar premise
Timmah!

Postby Vampyre » Fri May 13, 2011 3:53 am

Yeah that's the kind of games I'm searching... I own that one as well :p And finished it btw :p It was cool stuff...
Vampyre

Postby mbar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:00 pm

How about Uplink. You play a hacker that has a Gateway computer that you dial into with a modem. You go to the BBS and take different hacking jobs like money transfers, changing academic records and deleting and stealing files. You bounce your signal, cover you tracks and there is also a story to advance through. Its an old but great game.

http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/

Cheaper here.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/uplink_hacker_elite
mbar

Return to Offtopic