Offtopic

Pandorum

General chit chat

Pandorum

Postby Boris28 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 am

Guys I recommand the movie Pandorum but its a bit scarry.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188729/

Anyone else saw it? Also the movie Battle LA was so so I really thought its gonna be something special but in the end it was average.
Boris28
-
-

Re: Pandorum

Postby Timmah! » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:22 pm

I read a review about Batlle LA, apparently its classic B-movie with some good effects and camera work, which kind of sucks you into the action... i would say, a common theme these days, the moviemakers with a help of a new tech mastered the formal side of things, they really can make you feel you are there, its happening....
However the storytelling sucks bigtime, everything is just recycled and stupid {ofc there are exceptions}. I remember seeing the trailer for this Battle LA and then for Skyline...for a moment i was really confused, cause they looked almost the same...then i saw the Falling Skies TV show trailer and had to laugh... really cant they come with something new? Are they completely unaware, that theyre making the movie on entirely same premise as their competition, plus there is a little flick called ID4, which is again more of the same, and there are TV shows like V running, whixh just substituted LA for NY....

Regarding Pandorum, looks interesting, but really the rating on IMDB makes me indifferent. Not that its some kind of ultimate evaluation, but its mostly about right, at least i find myself agree with it.
Timmah!

Postby Boris28 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Yes lately hollywood is really getting terrible. Its a joke how many bad movies they put out lately and always repeating. I liked Pandorum it was a bit different.
Boris28
-
-

Postby BigB » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:02 am

I love Pandurum :) Really really cool movie, altough it's not just sci fi, it's a mix of terror and sci-fi.
Battle for LA, it's a piece of c**p.., if you just replace the aliens by some other human army, it's pretty much the same thing as we see in the movie, aliens running around with rifles, or with a gigantic central command that needs to be dragged at snail speed to move around..., bad bad movie.
BigB
-
-

Postby Vampyre » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:44 am

A colleague of mine saw Battle LA. What he told me do not want me to watch it. It seems that the trailer is awesome. That's for sure. But the movie in itself is so... classic... He even got bored...

Will have a look at Pandorum
Vampyre

Return to Offtopic