Offtopic

Pink Floyd

General chit chat

Pink Floyd

Postby Timmah! » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Any Pink Floyd lovers over here? On Saturday i am going to be in Prague to attend this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkDyth2zThg

not quite exactly Pink Floyd, but close enough :mrgreen: Looking forward to it.
Timmah!

Re: Pink Floyd

Postby Boris28 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:49 pm

I must say I never listened Pink Floyd before but its really great. I listen mostly Muse and Metalica.
Boris28
-
-

Postby Timmah! » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 pm

I am back! :mrgreen:

Well, the concert was a nice experience, but i cant say, it was faultless, as the acoustics kind of sucked...it was so loud the lyrics became occasionaly distorted, you would expect it to better for the money. Additionaly, it was not a classic concert, as the big part of the whole experience was the building of the wall, project pictures on it and finally take it down :) It was more it was audio-visual thing, not audio only...some people might not like that.

All in all, as a once in a lifetime experience it was fine, but not because of the enjoyment of the music, but cause of the special atmosphere...i suppose its similar to going to football match and sit down almost on the playground level, you can really live through the atmosphere, but you can enjoy the actual gameplay more watching it on TV.

Here is the video in a quite good quality, but from bad angle if youre interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gngfGHoKQ
Timmah!

Postby BigB » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Timmah! wrote:I am back! :mrgreen:

Well, the concert was a nice experience, but i cant say, it was faultless, as the acoustics kind of sucked...it was so loud the lyrics became occasionaly distorted, you would expect it to better for the money. Additionaly, it was not a classic concert, as the big part of the whole experience was the building of the wall, project pictures on it and finally take it down :) It was more it was audio-visual thing, not audio only...some people might not like that.

All in all, as a once in a lifetime experience it was fine, but not because of the enjoyment of the music, but cause of the special atmosphere...i suppose its similar to going to football match and sit down almost on the playground level, you can really live through the atmosphere, but you can enjoy the actual gameplay more watching it on TV.

Here is the video in a quite good quality, but from bad angle if youre interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gngfGHoKQ

Welcome back :)
Just curious, how much was the ticket for this in Prague ?
And, I guess i'l see you in the "news today?" thread ? :P
BigB
-
-

Postby Timmah! » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Thank you :D
My ticket was the "standing" ticket (it was in the ice-hockey arena) in the rink and its price was 1790 Czech Crowns (cca 71 EUROs). My brother had seat in the stands and it was about 3000 Crowns (120 EUROs). It was IMHO expensive :shock: Last year i was on concert on local castle (more like ruin :mrgreen: ), the main star was Jon Anderson of Yes (who is pretty much up there with Pink Floyd as the giant of the progressive/art rock music) and i liked it more, it was open-air thing, so acoustic was fine and as far as the music go, Close to the Edge/I´ll find my way home are as good songs as Comfortably Numb. But this is indeed matter of taste, i love both PinkFloyd and Yes to bits. Yeah, and the price was 15 EUROs there, that was my point.
Timmah!

Return to Offtopic