Offtopic

Football

General chit chat

Football

Postby Timmah! » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:05 pm

So, you guys being Portuguese and Croatian, are you football fans? Or are you typical geeks, who despise any physical activity :D ?
Timmah!

Re: Football

Postby Boris28 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Football you mean by Soccer for our American readers? :P yep we watch altrought I was playing handball in highschool mostly (I'm tall guy).
Rick actually plays every weekend to get away from the monitor.
I got lazzy lately just do a bit training on my running machine, summer is coming need to get in shape uff.
Boris28
-
-

Postby Timmah! » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 am

boristhe wrote:Football you mean by Soccer for our American readers? :P yep we watch altrought I was playing handball in highschool mostly (I'm tall guy).
Rick actually plays every weekend to get away from the monitor.
I got lazzy lately just do a bit training on my running machine, summer is coming need to get in shape uff.

Yeah, soccer it is. As i am European, i am not interested in obscure American sports (bar hockey? that is brilliant indeed) :mrgreen:
Handball is quite popular over here too, but somehow i never could find it attractive, its really weird sport... yellow cards like in football, 2 minute penalties like on hockey, losing ball cause of "passivity", complete lack of play in the middle of the pitch, most useless goalkeepers... simply weird :)
Timmah!

Postby Boris28 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Yep its wierd in the begining but its a lot of fun, its a mix of basketball and football.
Well about Croatian national football all our old legendary players went to pension so the young unexperienced players are now at front. Still not the best players but they get better. I was watching last summer the world cup. It was a lot of fun we even made bets (me and rick). But I dont follow the clubs playing so much.
Boris28
-
-

Return to Offtopic