Offtopic

shogun 2 total war

General chit chat

shogun 2 total war

Postby Boris28 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:53 pm

shogun 2 total war just came out, I'm curius if anyone tried it I watched a review only where it says best RTS off all times so anyone here who agrees? Its not a space rts its an rts set in old Japan.
Is it worth buying as a rts fan of course?
Boris28
-
-

Re: shogun 2 total war

Postby Timmah! » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:53 pm

boristhe wrote:shogun 2 total war just came out, I'm curius if anyone tried it I watched a review only where it says best RTS off all times so anyone here who agrees? Its not a space rts its an rts set in old Japan.
Is it worth buying as a rts fan of course?

I cant say for myself, cause i havent played it (nor any other Total War game), but as i was browsing the SoaSE forums today, there is a topic dedicated to that, people voicing their opinion about the game and how it compares to Empire TW...so perhaps it might answer your question...

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/406480
Timmah!

Postby Boris28 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks man, I will defintly try it out.
Boris28
-
-

Postby Vampyre » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:26 pm

If I see Total War in the name, I can only recommend highly... I played Total Wars since its beginning : Shogun Total War, Rome Total War, Medieval Total War, Medieval II, Empire Total War... They are all very good and most of all very addictive... It's also very difficult to win a game, because the more you advance, the more possibilities you have. Battles are epic, and the graphics top notch.

The only thing I really didn't liked it total war, and that's in all its episodes, is the fact that a campaign is based on a given amount of year... So, if you lose a little bit to much time, you just can't reach the goals... That's the only sad point I felt about the Total War Franchise.

Didn't played total war shogun 2 yet (Empire asked already a quite powerful machine, and mine was by then limit (to play full screen max resolution with all details maxed)). I fear shogun will not run good on mine.

But I recommend highly !
Vampyre

Postby InFi[D]eL » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:32 pm

STW2 Is pretty much the same as the previous total wars with umped graphics and a few new features. I actually find it a little clumsy to play but I would still recommend it to Total War fans.
InFi[D]eL

Return to Offtopic