Offtopic

New competiton on the horizon

General chit chat

Re: New competiton on the horizon

Postby Timmah! » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:53 am

Timmah!

Postby Boris28 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:38 am

lol thats why the video is 4-5 seconds long as the whole thing crashed after that :P
Boris28
-
-

Postby Timmah! » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 pm

I just pulled the plug and preordered Rebellion. :mrgreen: Beta is starting today btw. This will keep me occupied, until you guys come with either another testing build or the final game. I am curious about those Titans and graphics related improvements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5EMJn7meSE&feature=player_embedded

On this video the new lightning and self-shadowing does not look as bad.
Timmah!

Postby Smight » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Speaking of competition
http://legendsofpegasus.com/us/
Smight

Postby Timmah! » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Smight wrote:Speaking of competition
http://legendsofpegasus.com/us/

Yep i am aware of this. But i am not a big fan of turn-based games, neither combination of turn-base and realt-time. I was never into Total War games for example, and they are perhaps not even partialyl turn-based (or are they?). Enough said, i do not like, how the battle part of the game is separated from the rest of the game....This is what i like about Sins, that they are completely real-time with no separated gaming elements.
Timmah!

Postby Timmah! » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:51 pm

So, anyone tried Rebellion? I have to confess, after playing it myself and seeing some of the upcoming stuff for the other races, i am far more excited about that game, as i used to be. Its graphics is really improved and looks far better ingame and in motion than on those few screenshots they released. Finally it looks like a modern game, the selfshadowing helped immensely. Gameplay-wise, for the first time ever i decided to play the game on highest speeds possible and found out, it fits me pretty well, everything is pretty smooth and nicely paced, but still not overwhelming to me...should have played older versions of the game on these speeds as well. What i like about the game probably the msot though, are the new subfactions, its adding depth to the game similarly to what Zero Hour expansion did to C&C Generals. The Titans, although currently perhaps imbalanced, are lot of fun. I cant wait for the Vasari race to be released in the next beta stage, my personal favourites from the previous game. Their Loyalist Subfaction is apparently going to be able to function without any colonised planets, what brings IMHO very nice twist into the game. Their Titan is going to be a combination of mobile base (homeworld), capable of phasing in Dark Fleet ships on its position (i assume as the replacement for planetary shipyards), and a planetkiller or better said planet-devourer, which means its going to be able strip planets dry of their resources and turn them into dead asteroids. Now how super-awesome is that....

Bottom line, these are good times ahead. For the last 2 years, i played almost exclusively Call of Duty games, MW2, than Blops and now MW3, because there was nothing else for me, bar occasional PES match. So i can really, really appreciate, what you guys and the guys at Ironclad do, finally bringing some nice RTS games for me to play.
Timmah!

Previous

Return to Offtopic