Offtopic

Destiny - Maybe the next team Halo project ?

General chit chat

Destiny - Maybe the next team Halo project ?

Postby Vampyre » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:44 am

Hello,

I found an interesting article here about a possible next project by Bungie, the creator of the Halo Serie. http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/02/breaking-bungies-destiny-is-an-fps-mmo-claims-fired-contractor/

But this information is to be took with caution. After this news, Bungie updated its website, mentioning none was fired. So, if this information is true, then the news might be wrong.

We also know that Bungie has announced a partnership with Activision - Blizzard for a 10 years collaboration, for a new project. Someone at Bungie has also declared during the last GDC : "Wouldn't it be nice to have a world ready for the player to come and play into it when they want" ? We could say that Bungie is working for Activision Blizzard on a MMO project, but... the rest needs to be verify or clarify...
Vampyre

Re: Destiny - Maybe the next team Halo project ?

Postby Timmah! » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:43 am

Will it be completely unrelated to Halo? They have guts to create another sci-fi universe, if yes.
Timmah!

Re: Destiny - Maybe the next team Halo project ?

Postby Boris28 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:40 am

I dont know but Bungie makes only xbox360 exclusive titles, so for anyone else this is not much important I guess. I'm a PC and PS3 gamer :)
But as I know Halo is for xbox360 users as important as Metal gear solid games (Konami) for ps3 users. The only game I desperatly wait this year is Uncharted 3 for PS3 and Crysis 2 for pc. I have a friend who works in Crytek and well it will be epic. But from his source it will be also a reason to buy minimum 2 Nvidia GPUs to play the game normaly at full quality :P.
Boris28
-
-

Return to Offtopic