Offtopic

[Off-topic] Cargo

General chit chat

Re: [Off-topic] Cargo

Postby BigB » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Hello,

I have seen this movie :) I think i saw it last summer, but at the time i tought it was a german movie.
It's suprisingly good yeah, no big space battles or anything, it's all inside a huge cargo ship.
I loved the space station in the beginning of the movie.
All in all, I believe is a good movie, the only thing that didn't felt very good there was the "sex scene" between the 2 characters, when it started I was wondering why did the director did it, it felt completely out of place.
Anyways.., a good movie :)
Btw, I created the off topic forum., If you can move your topics there, go ahead. I searched around, can't find a way to do it.
BigB
-
-

Postby Vampyre » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Shit... Got lost into moving the topic... I think I've lost the main topic, leaving only this one... Oups...

I'll repost the thread when I'll be back home (at work here)
Vampyre

Postby Boris28 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:36 pm

I like the movie, just saw it, It is different. Thanks for the tip ;)
Boris28
-
-

Postby Vampyre » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Hello again all...

I'm sorry about the loss of the first post for this thread... I was mentionning a movie I had discovered this week-end. It's a swiss movie, but with high quality in special effects... It's set in space, and even if the trailer looks like Aliens, it has nothing close to it...

Here is the trailer for the movie :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNUI1VRZio

I can't say a lot of things on this one, to not spoil the movie, but it is really good... It's slow, there is no epic battle, no lasers, but... the story is well built, and you really have the feeling of what a space travel could be like... Alone... In cold space... Really interesting and entertaining... With a good message to understand in the end...

I loved it...
Vampyre

Postby Vampyre » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:25 pm

@ BigB

Yes the space station on the beginning is outstanding... Really beautiful... I wondered how it was done, but it's pure CG... Very impressive work on this one... In the end as well : Station 42 (not to spoil anything) is outstanding as well... There are wonderful backgrounds there, and outstanding shots. The only thing that I got a little bit disappointed on the CG side of view, it was during one shot, when the camera moves straight above the ship. I really saw the texturing there, ruining a little bit of the reality of the movie itself. But that's the only cheap shot.

For the sex scene, I don't know if we saw the same movie... Probably, but maybe my version was the censored version. I only saw two kisses in the full movie, and I found the sex scene (if I could call this a sex scene) very interestingly shot : camera doing a 360, to remember that we are under zero gravity space, and the door shuts down... No flesh at all during that sex scene, I only saw one cloth dropping, and it was the coat. So, probably it was the censored version, which was ok to me. But I agree, more would have been out of context... To tell you how nude the sex scene was to me : I saw more flesh during the first stage, when they go hibernate in that jello thing.

And there is also something I didn't understood at all... I'll try not to spoil it, because it's quite in the end, but : what did she do to the captain after having come back to the cargo ? That's the only thing I didn't understood at all... I was like : what ? What happened there ?
Vampyre

Postby Boris28 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:21 am

Yes its great made, I got bluray high quality and watched it sometimes the effects were pretty high quality The station in space was really great done, but thats not important in a good movie. The atmosphere buyed me also the story which was different hardly any movie today we see from hollywood has an deep story like this one. Altrought I knew that officer was something else from begining :P

Inspiring art work ;)
Boris28
-
-

Postby InFi[D]eL » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:47 am

You know, when I looked at this thread title I thought you where on about cargo and ships cargo holds, Lol.
InFi[D]eL

Return to Offtopic