Offtopic

Alan Wake

General chit chat

Alan Wake

Postby Timmah! » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Coming to PC on 16th Feb. Anyone played? Is it worth to buy it?

10 years ago, i quite liked original Max Payne, it was one of very few game i actually finished. Not sure if i am capable of the same these days, unless its really brilliant game.
Timmah!

Re: Alan Wake

Postby Boris28 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Well Alan Wake goes more into Silent Hill/Resident evil direction. Its a sort of a 3rd person horror shooter with some mystery and puzzles. A bit to late to port it on PC usually console ports look terrible as consoles dont have so much ram as PCs, dunno if its gonna be that great.

But we shall see, as an classic fan of silient hill and resident evil it will be interesting to see how the game is on pc :)
Boris28
-
-

Postby Shadowsun » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:00 pm

i own Alan Wake for on the Xbox

it was fun playing it through once, game has a good atmosphere, altough alot of things bothered me...

this revieuw pretty much summarizes what i hated... with some humor from Yahtzee's side (dont mind his criticism... hes a critic after all)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk48G6aG7lo

expected the game to be scary, or atleast thrilling to play, i didnt get any of that..

even though not scary or frightening to play, the story did suck me in somewhat.. and made myself a major facepalm when i did finally get to the end of it...

overall... this is one of those games i try to forget about

-Shas

Edit:
that reminds me
best horror / thriller game i have ever seen/played
"Amnesia The Dark Decent"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXuIZstyM7E
Shadowsun

Postby Timmah! » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Just been released on Steam, and the price is very good - just 20,99 EUROs here, and that is actually the "Collectors Edition", including some kind of book or screenplay or whatever they call it, in PDF format. On the retail version, that thing is actually printed book. I would say, that is a pretty good price, so i suppose i am going to buy it.
Timmah!

Postby Shadowsun » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:34 am

for a mere 20€, worth it

if your looking for something more exhilarating, i again reccomend Amnesia: The Dark Decent (also avaible on steam)

-Shas
Shadowsun

Postby Boris28 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm slowly getting bored with MW3 gonna have to find something else to buy soon. Allan wake will be interesting.

Btw my MW3 nick is lexx3d_CRO on steam if anyone wonna play a round. :)
Boris28
-
-

Postby Timmah! » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:07 am

Boris28 wrote:I'm slowly getting bored with MW3 gonna have to find something else to buy soon. Allan wake will be interesting.

Btw my MW3 nick is lexx3d_CRO on steam if anyone wonna play a round. :)

I see, i would not say i am bored, i just need occasionaly few weeks off the game and then it will become fun for me again. It was the same with both MW2 and Black Ops.

Anyway, we can give it a try, as long as you have PC version, right?

BTW, what do you think about it, now with a bit of retrospect, do you consider it better game than Blops? Personally, i like MW3, but there were certain aspects of Black Ops, i miss sometimes - like PSG-1 or some of the maps or subjectively less of the flying BS...and yeah, the dedicated servers and adjustable FOV!
Timmah!

Postby Boris28 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:18 am

Yes I have PC version, I find it much more fun then blackops for sure. But graphicly it didnt advance much the multiplayer is very fun and interesting. I didnt played battlefield maybe mostly because its huge maps, mw3 multiplayer reminds me of counter strike times :)
Boris28
-
-

Postby Timmah! » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Boris28 wrote:Yes I have PC version, I find it much more fun then blackops for sure. But graphicly it didnt advance much the multiplayer is very fun and interesting. I didnt played battlefield maybe mostly because its huge maps, mw3 multiplayer reminds me of counter strike times :)

I will look for you on the steam then... i would say only graphical improvements compared against Blops are the gun models, they look really great. I prefer CoD to Battlefield series as well, main reason being i am not much into the vehicle warfare. I tried BF3 beta in October, and although i quite liked it, still in the end decided to go for CoD. Needless to say, BF3 had absolutely stunning graphics and was surprisingly well optimized, i only tried it on my back-up computer with c2d cpu and gtx460 gpu and it ran like charm.

BTW, what is your fav map? I like Lockdown, Mission and Fallen the most, as they suit the best my playstyle.
Timmah!

Return to Offtopic