Offtopic

iPhone 4S

General chit chat

iPhone 4S

Postby Timmah! » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Do you think its worth that money? 680 EUROs for 16GB version over here :shock:

My current phone - 3 years old Sony Ericsson - started to behave, i keep losing sound for few seconds during calls and its not only annoying, but unpleasant, constantly ask people. "Sorry, could you repeat that again, i lost sound for few secs and could not hear shit..." S
So i am thinking about getting a new phone, and lets not kid ourselves, my eyes are set on iPhone naturally...although some of the Android phones like Samsung Galaxy S2 have better specs and better display, i like the looks and size of the iPhone most...

but i dont really need it, i mean such an expensive phone...and never had iPhone before nor anything Apple....so its worth the money? Just FYI it costs more than i earn i a month, but i dont really have any expenses, as i still live in my parents house, dont smoke, dont drink, etc...and i am about to earn some extra money...well obviously i could spare those money for something more practical like clothes or save it...

Tell me your opinion
Timmah!

Re: iPhone 4S

Postby SpardaSon21 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:49 pm

You should probably stick with an Android phone. As you've said, the Samsung Galaxy S2 has better specs and display and is probably a lot cheaper than the iPhone 4S.
SpardaSon21

Postby BigB » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Yup, get an Android phone instead, a Galaxy S2 I believe is more powerfull than an Iphone, and you are not forced to get your apps trough apple store.
The only problem is that the software in the android market is less, and of inferior quality, it seems Android users don't like to spend money, so companys don't make much stuff for Android.., that and the total mess and anarchy in the android market (points finger at google).
Still, I would get an Android :mrgreen:
BigB
-
-

Postby Timmah! » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:38 pm

So i got the iPhone ;) needless to say, its brilliant...not saying Galaxy S2 or Nexus or any Android device would not turn even better, but i decided for iPhone, my first Apple product and so far, have no regrets. The things it can do compared to my previous "dumbphone"...oh baby. Absolutely loving it. The integration of those various communication apps, like Skype, ICQ or Facebook is great, personally i am Facebook hater and dont like to go to that site very much, although indeed i have a account, but with this phone, it might very well change, as it feels more straitghtforward and not so annoying. I am bit dissapointed with the Siri, the voice control thing, obviously it obviously does not work in my language (and never will), so there is a pretty limited use for me, at the moment, all i use it for, is to set the alarm to wake me up in the morning. For the native speaking people it has to be a bomb though.
Timmah!

Postby Boris28 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:07 pm

I heard today on news the battery seams to be pretty short, 1 day only. Is that true?
Boris28
-
-

Postby BigB » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Why did you decided by an Iphone ?
As far as I know, there's nothing an Iphone can do that a Galaxy can't, I even think the Galaxy is more powerful than an Iphone, but well, the Iphone has all that marketing behind it :mrgreen:
BigB
-
-

Postby Timmah! » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:29 am

BigB wrote:Why did you decided by an Iphone ?
As far as I know, there's nothing an Iphone can do that a Galaxy can't, I even think the Galaxy is more powerful than an Iphone, but well, the Iphone has all that marketing behind it :mrgreen:

Its probably the size, i am used to small phones. The iPhone is alredy bigger than any phone i ever had, but its still smaller compared to Galaxy. And it looks IMHO better as well... hardware-wise the phones are pretty much on-par...both have dual-core CPUs, although Galaxy is higher clocked...iPhone on other hand has significantly better GPU....but HW specs were not that important to me, indeed they are great, but i do not plan to playing any 3D games (although i have seen GTA3 remake for iOS/Android, i wonder how would it play/control on the small display)....all in all, the only real advantage Galaxy S2 has is bigger display, but that means bigger phone overall...

Regarding battery, i dont know, if you have Wi-fi and all the stuff on, it seems, you can discharge it in a day easily....but when you use the phone only occasionaly, for some calls, and turn wifi off, it seems it can last perhaps 3 days. I charged it on Wednesday evening, between 8 to 11 PM, now its Friday 10:30 AM and the battery is at 73 percent. Wi-fi was off all the time, but i kept all the localisation services and other stuff on. So i suppose its not that bad, granted you have to trade part of functionality for longer battery life, but i do not see a problem, when i do not need the internet on the phone, why would i keep wifi on?
Timmah!

Postby Shadowsun » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:14 pm

i'm actually looking at getting an iPhone 4S myself,

this becuase of a few days ago when i read a revieuw on its performance compared to others, and they've really improved alot on the phone's specs
it's now heavily competing with the Galaxy line.

as for games, i'll do those on my laptop.... if i get an iPhone it's for making calls, sending messages and searching small things online...

the revieuw did some battery testing aswell, and it seems to last slightly longer then a Galaxy S II.
non-stop browing / calling will drain the battery in under a day (but that's with any phone).

oh, apparently the mute button has changed position on the phone, so there'll be a whole new line of 4S safety covers... (i hate capitalist marketing :? )

when i do not need the internet on the phone, why would i keep wifi on?

i cant think of any reason to keep it on, it drains battery fast and brings security issues :mrgreen:
Shadowsun

Postby Timmah! » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Just a funny story i want to add... i bought the phone from the T-Com for full price, which was funnily lowest in the country and only 20 EUROs more expensive than on the Apple Store in neighbouring Czech Rep (we do not have Apple Store over here...yet). This week, another mobile operator, O2, started to sell the phone for full price as well, for 760 EUROs, which is 150 EUROs more than i bought it from T-Com. Now guess what happened...T-Com went into full retard mode and upped the price to 749.... :shock: :mrgreen:
sometimes i cant stop wondering about country i live in, i suppose only here its possible for the salesmen to move prices up as a part of a "competition".
Timmah!

Postby BigB » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Timmah! wrote:Just a funny story i want to add... i bought the phone from the T-Com for full price, which was funnily lowest in the country and only 20 EUROs more expensive than on the Apple Store in neighbouring Czech Rep (we do not have Apple Store over here...yet). This week, another mobile operator, O2, started to sell the phone for full price as well, for 760 EUROs, which is 150 EUROs more than i bought it from T-Com. Now guess what happened...T-Com went into full retard mode and upped the price to 749.... :shock: :mrgreen:
sometimes i cant stop wondering about country i live in, i suppose only here its possible for the salesmen to move prices up as a part of a "competition".

That's kinf of a weird "competition", I even wonder if there's competition at all, smells to me like company agreements like they do with the Oil prices :P
But well, lucky you, one week later and you would be 150 euros poorer
BigB
-
-

Next

Return to Offtopic