Offtopic

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident 2 is announced!!!

General chit chat

Re: Nexus: The Jupiter Incident 2 is announced!!!

Postby Timmah! » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:21 pm

BigB wrote:This looks kind of childish, but can't say yet :mrgreen: , It needs to be a joint announcement.

Ask them to join you to announce it then. So i can stop doing this:
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/2074yu4sw2.gif

:D
Timmah!

Postby Timmah! » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:27 pm

riceless wrote:yeah well Nexus is not a classic RTS so it could be boring at some point
but i like the level of customization you can do to your ships. Not even X3 can do that

any1 here tried Earth 2150 series?
that kind of customization is just overwhelming and these 'RPG elements' can make a game feels more more immersive

SpardaSon21 wrote:It is a sad day when space strategy games are known as niche games.

shooters are always the best selling games... haha its a mystery why people prefer to die in the field than to command :lol:

I did play Earth 2150 and 2160 too, they were quite OK games. But tbf, the customization there, although good idea itself, was kind of halfassed. Did not feel right to me, in the end i became annoyed, when i had to deal with it and stuck to the pre-made units.
On other hand, customizing the starbases in the Sins of a Solar Empire was done quite well, i think. Not overly complicated, you had to do it only occasionaly, but the upgrades were quite unique and had obvious and visible impact. It would be nice to see similar level of customization in GW too, on the starbases and perhaps to smaller degree on capital ships as well.
Timmah!

Postby Grottenolm85 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Acutally this video is a Tech demo from the second generation graphic engine of the Nexus Team.
Its from 2005, so who knows what would be possible today :-)
Grottenolm85

Postby Shadowsun » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:17 am

Nexus TJI was inspired by Imperium Galactica, and was supposed to be Imperium Galactica 3. (a 4x rts)
somewhere during development things started going downhill (i think the company went bankrupt)
they decided to finish the game with what they had already, making it into Nexus the Jupiter Incident
things like planetary movement were already there, but not used for anything other then map animation. in the campaign.

pretty sad when you think about it, the graphics were incredible for the time, they had planned to implement planetary movement into the game.
it's a shame they had to release it hafway through development.... (wich still hints at just how good that game could have been...)

@riceless
i've played earth 2150, brings back good memories... i think its one of the first games i "bhought" when i was 7, my english was pretty horrible at the time and i kept building "Fake" tanks (i guess i was confused by it being the only thing in the list that apeared to have a gun.... wasnt until 2 years!!! later that i rembered the event when i was searching up "fake" in the dictionary for some school papers...., guess what i installed next.

i liked how they made you decide what weapons you could place, i've never really seen anything like it on ground-level rts's
for space ships, i think id still prefer the Sword of the Stars way, picking what sections to fulfill certain roles alongside weapons just gives that little more...
Shadowsun

Postby Vampyre » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Sadly, it seems we are very far away from what they need to start the work... In two months from now on, it will be over... And there are still 275 000 $ to find in just two months... Raised so far 120 000... In a year...

I think we will never see such a game (even if it was not finished, this game still sell today and is truly unique)...

Speaking of Imperium Galactica... I wish someone could make a decent follow up to this licence I loved...
Vampyre

Postby Shadowsun » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Vampyre wrote:Sadly, it seems we are very far away from what they need to start the work... In two months from now on, it will be over... And there are still 275 000 $ to find in just two months... Raised so far 120 000... In a year...

nooooo :cry:
to bad... i'd have loved to see ntji as what it was supposed to be
Shadowsun

Previous

Return to Offtopic