General

Gameplay trailer 2

General

Re: Gameplay trailer 2

Postby Timmah! » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:43 am

New question here, watching the trailer again and seeing the "out of range" report when clicking on ships orbiting distant planet... will the planets actually move on their orbits around the sun? You know, living battlefield etc... there could be a situaton, where planets could come closer to each other and the out of range situation might change...
Timmah!

Postby BigB » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 am

Nope, planets don't orbit in realtime like that.., sorry :)
BigB
-
-

Postby Gauntlet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:09 pm

BigB wrote:The "confetti" explosions are already optional, you have a nice setup window where you can enable/disable a ton of options.
The icons we actually had diferent icons per class of ship,but some people that played the game were confused by the icons, there were to many icons, etc,etc so I ended up in leaving just 3 diferent icons, 1 for Stations, 1 for Construction ships and 1 for all the remaining ships classes.
This will probably change tough

Hope you can find a nice balance... 5-7 and I think you'd be good. Though I hope you change the icons to something more like a triangle... I don't know, but I keep seeing these weird circles that look like peace signs. Kind of ironic.

As for planets orbiting, honestly I think that is juuuust fine. Without that stable placement the idea of 'terrain' becomes even harder in a space game.
Gauntlet

Previous

Return to General