General

DVD casing + Manual + Comic

General

Re: DVD casing + Manual + Comic

Postby Boris28 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:01 am

Our publisher will deliver the game worldwide so you don't have to fear, If you prefer online buy we will do that as well and will do it I think even directly from our site and some online services. We will have a protection that you will have to check your internet connection each 10 seconds!!!! .....kidding :P

Pirats will always find a way, but I hope people will buy our game more then pirate it to support smaller developers. :)

Great idea about that discount we will discuss that in the team and see.

Great ideas thanks :)
Boris28
-
-

Postby Shadowsun » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:03 am

thanks for letting us know!!

"we will have a protetion.... " pulled me out of my near-sleep state... thanks !! :lol:

yes im most probably going to pre-order of this site, mainly to support you directly.
just need to know how exactly it'll be distributed (retail / digital etc.), but i'll back thinking about that after it's actually open for pre-ordering

im a bit of a pirate" myself, but i'll always support a company for developing great products, and i dont see any reason why i shouldnt pre-order Gemini Wars ;)
all of my "pirate" friends thinking the same way.

-Shas
Shadowsun

Postby dezgard » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:50 am

I pirate is the act of cracking the game no?

anyway i always read reviews and player comments on a game but almost all the time wait for the (P******) ver of the game to try unless they release a demo.

p***** doesn't kill games bad support kills games, anyone know a game called "sunage" no protection at all in fact they torrented there own game the result was so good that they did a lot better than they had ever imagined.
dezgard

Postby Boris28 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:22 am

I think assassins creed new protection gave ubisoft few weeks to get some big money until pirates cracked it for good.
But eventually a great game especially one with online multiplayer gameplay hardly will be worth beeing cracked as you wont be able to play multiplayer with the cracked version only the campaign.
Boris28
-
-

Postby dezgard » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:42 am

true single player is just a small part of a good multiplayer game.

look at two worlds II village mode with the multiplayer now there is a real way to keep the game alive and give a reason to buy the game.

GW had some kind of persistent aspect that really keep the online community going.
dezgard

Postby Boris28 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:47 am

I belive that the comunity will be exploding when the game comes out this is just a small rolling snowball right now :)
Boris28
-
-

Postby dezgard » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:52 am

Well I'd love to sink my teeth into unity one day.

i would highly recommend going the digital download from your own site that will be your bread and butter right there.
dezgard

Postby Shadowsun » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:27 am

well "pirating" means using the game without a license
"cracking" would be to.. well crack it..

@ Assins creed,
that game is a very good xample of drm spiraling out of control, to the point where their drm was very buggy and sometimes required extensive support to get it to accept a login at all...
whereass the pirated version 4 days after release (if my memory serves..) had no drm, and logged in on a seperate server, legit customers could not play the game, whereass pirates could.

im defiantly hoping multiplayer to be something awesome in Gemini Wars, i've been waiting for something your promising for a long time, and nothing ever got as close to the method of interstellar travel using wormholes. except maybe for Heagemonia, but that game just really didnt have much chance on the market....

-Shas
Shadowsun

Postby dezgard » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:38 am

Simply put if your product is worth it and your support is good then people will buy your game.

to help matters its best to have a very good plan for multiplayer features, persistent customizations for ships based on rank etc maybe a learning system on your account like eve-online learning system were time spent training a skill.

for example researching capital ships beam lasers maybe take 6-8 hours after its done you can use beam lasers on your capital ships in multiplayer games helping you and your team win.

also rewarding a player something for winning like custom paint jobs etc.

anyway my two cents on the matter :)
dezgard

Postby Boris28 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:52 am

Btw a new interview came out guys, something interesting to maybe hear about us and how we started. :)

http://www.neocrisis.com/interviews/275/8533
Boris28
-
-

PreviousNext

Return to General