General

Mission 10 Bug?

General

Mission 10 Bug?

Postby Grottenolm85 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi,

i just "endured" mission 10 and not quite sure whether its buggy or just horrible.
After the ponit where you figure out that the SG ist broken i went to the top left corner and found an old military base. This started to produce crystals at around 3-5/s. No it told me i have to collect 12000 or something???
After drinking some coffee i decided to look for another source of income. So i jumped around and tried conquering an enemy mining base (No good :-() , then look for another hidden base. Again nothing..
Hm, maybe build an constructor? MÖÖÖHP! Cap-limit reached(0 available)... So have to wait i guess
After eating some ice cream i checked back on the progress only to see its half way done. So now i fly around aimlessly and use the superoir range of the Battleship to destroy all enemy bases and turrets. Still 5000 crytal to go...
My cat Termi had to much attention when i reach 3000 crystal and escapes my lap...looking for the other cat...
Hm? some mysteroius enemy fleet is flying around chasing some imaginary fleet? Hm, not heading my direction...start tidying...
Livingroom is clean now... yay 200 to go
Puhh. Finally can repair the SG. :mrgreen:
Wait for 20 more cycles? Hm maybe just seconds??
Nope...more like 20 min... Hmm take a shower for now.
Behing dripping hair i read "Mission lost"
THE FUCK!? :evil:
Overall the mission took around 1 hour while i was busy for 2 min...
No way i am going through this again..."cmd Regedit"...Done 8-)
Grottenolm85

Re: Mission 10 Bug?

Postby Boris28 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:52 pm

No swearing on the forum.
You have to protect the abandoned station while you extract the crystals. After that you need to go to the Stargate and repair it. Maybe you weren't protecting the Stargate and the alien ships attacked destroyed?
If this is the case, then there is no bug to report. Or did you lose the mission without losing the stargate?

I will move this to general section.
Boris28
-
-

Postby Grottenolm85 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:57 am

Sorry but this mission really annoyed me :cry:

I think you don't get my point. I don't know whether the mission is buggy, But it certainly feels like it.
In short the issues:
- The button to send marines iss there all the time, but noone tells you, that you can only use it after the dialog. (I checked the forum to learn that i have to wait, after clicking like a mad man for 5 min)
- I happen to find a miliary base including shipyard, but i cannot build anything? (Bug? On purpose? If so might add somehting in the dialog like "shipyard is damaged")
- The dialog mentions that a mining base would be faster. So i think i am supposed to obtain a mining base somehow. Wich seems impossible though..
- Am i supposed to defend the base? No enemy came for over 5 min, so i left. Even after i got the crystals and move to the SG nothing happens.
- The actual battle time was about 10 min, while the mission was 72 min. 62 min of juming around gives you the feeling something is missing?
Grottenolm85

Postby BigB » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am

Grottenolm85 wrote:Sorry but this mission really annoyed me :cry:

I think you don't get my point. I don't know whether the mission is buggy, But it certainly feels like it.
In short the issues:
- The button to send marines iss there all the time, but noone tells you, that you can only use it after the dialog. (I checked the forum to learn that i have to wait, after clicking like a mad man for 5 min)
- I happen to find a miliary base including shipyard, but i cannot build anything? (Bug? On purpose? If so might add somehting in the dialog like "shipyard is damaged")
- The dialog mentions that a mining base would be faster. So i think i am supposed to obtain a mining base somehow. Wich seems impossible though..
- Am i supposed to defend the base? No enemy came for over 5 min, so i left. Even after i got the crystals and move to the SG nothing happens.
- The actual battle time was about 10 min, while the mission was 72 min. 62 min of juming around gives you the feeling something is missing?

I'm sorry you didn't liked the mission.
About your points.

The button is grayed, so you can't use it. It only turns to active once you can use it, and there's a dialog between Cole,Silas and the Marine officer that hint you that you can now use it.
The marine even says "We are ready when you are Captain Cole" or something like that.

You cannot build anything in that military base, it was changed to get crystals. It's not a mining station, so the output is slower than from a mining station.

Yes, a mining station would be faster, but you have none. This is to hint you on why the military station is slower at extracting crystals. It's not made to extract crystals.

You are suppose to get the necessary amount of crystals to repair the stargate. If the station is gone before you do, then you have a problem.

- The actual battle time was about 10 min, while the mission was 72 min. 62 min of juming around gives you the feeling something is missing?[/quote]

I'm not sure how you can only have 10 minutes of battle., You need to destroy the turrets in several asteroid fields before arriving to the damaged alien station. You need to wait for Silas, you need to destroy the pursuing fleet.
You see a cinematic, dialogs, you go to the stargate to find that it's damaged, you search for the damaged military station, aliens attack you there, you go back to the stargate, aliens attack you there again..,
BigB
-
-

Postby Grottenolm85 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Actually i skipped all the turrets. I thought I was in a rush to join help Silias, so I jumped out of the system as soon as the drive was charged without engaging any turrets :lol:
The mission is fine up to the point when you realize that the SG is broken.
After that the instructions are unclear
For me the hint about the mining base sounds like “Go find something better!”
Then it should be in the objectives to guard the Station. If you are sitting around the station for several minutes you start wondering whether you got it right or if you misunderstood the objectives. I decided to look for more mining bases…
The military base with a build menu but no possibility to build doesn’t help either. Am I supposed to build defences? Make a trade-off between investing in turrets or shorter waiting time? Why is the cap-limit 0?
If you are indeed supposed to wait and defend, why making the “Countdown” so long. Without working shipyard you can’t really do anything to prepare for battle. Just have to wait for the enemy and hope that you can leave before you run out of ships.

I assume I confused the AI by roaming around, because my base was never attacked. Only in the very end when the repair-counter of the wormhole reached 5 the enemy attacked the base. Then again he might not have the units he need, as I destroyed all enemy bases..

Btw. The time term "cycle" is sometimes used for something like minutes, sometimes for something slightly faster than seconds. :?
Grottenolm85

Return to General