General

Mission 12 way too hard

General

Mission 12 way too hard

Postby harry5518 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 am

The Gark Waves just overwealm me after wave 5-6. i mean seriously how am i supposed to fight 5-6 gark battleships with just 2 battleships of my own and about 6 cruisers? the only i can match that kind of firepower is to build a colony ship and colonise a planet but it takes way too long to get to that amount of money. AND im doing this mission on easy, its just way too hard. sorry i like this game but the balance is just a major turn off.... and one more thing why do the gark ships have more health? i mean their cruisers have 500 health and 600 shield strength while my own have less than that. and im not even going to get started on the gark battleships...
harry5518

Re: Mission 12 way too hard

Postby Markuss » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:16 pm

hold them at the 2nd asteroid field they jump to when they enter the system, and build a base on the neighbouring rock, use turrets to protect your ships.

i played this on medium, also had 10 battleships by the end of it.
Markuss

Postby moglorn » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:22 pm

keep focusing on building lots of turrets also keep building a lot of small ships(destroyers,missile frigates) they will take most of the fire and keep your big boys alive
moglorn

Postby harry5518 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:33 am

Markuss wrote:hold them at the 2nd asteroid field they jump to when they enter the system, and build a base on the neighbouring rock, use turrets to protect your ships.

i played this on medium, also had 10 battleships by the end of it.

its ok dudes i beat this mission. took a while though.
harry5518

Postby Vasot » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:17 pm

I have the same problem with this mission.

I have managed to build turrets (light and heavy) in the second asteroid where Ai is always attacking but the problem is that the AI sends continuously more and more powerful waves of ships so i can not gather enough resources to bulid a Stargate....
I have to use the money to build new ships to repel the Gark and turrets alone are not enough they are destroyed very easily and i always need to rebuild them

Can someone give a more detailed strategy of how to win this mission ???

The AI seems to have way too many resources and way more powerful tech ships making it almost impossible to win
Vasot

Return to General