General

Pre-order option and some general questions...

General

Pre-order option and some general questions...

Postby Jed » Sun May 13, 2012 2:29 am

First off I want to say thank you to you guys! I've been feeling there has been a void for a game with a good story that isn't multiplayer focused or generic 4x (nothing wrong with those either though) for some time and I'm extremely looking forward to giving you guys my money! I was wondering if you will be doing a release on Steam? I know it may cut your bottom line and I will buy it regardless just curious as Steam is the best way I find to never have to worry about game keys and being able to access the game quickly after a reformat or new build (I do this often sadly) for me.

Secondly just as a developer myself I was just curious as to what type of engines, frameworks, sdks, languages, etc you are using to make this? Everytime I see a new game made by a small dedicated crew I get curious and I always fear there may be something out there I'm missing out on! This is off course only if you feel like sharing which I totally respect. Either way keep up the good work and best of luck!
Jed

Re: Pre-order option and some general questions...

Postby BigB » Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 am

Hey Jed,

First off, welcome to the forums and thanks for the nice words :mrgreen:
Hopefully we will do a release on Steam,but as a developer you know how that goes, it's a shot in the dark, it's months of waiting to know if the game is accepted or not.
If the game ends up on Steam, I believe we can give Steam keys to people that bought the game outside of Steam, but no guarantee's there, I'm just saying this because I see other developers giving away Steam keys.
It's already available in Impulse and Gamersgate, Gamefly will follow soon (no exact date for that one).

About the engine, we use Unity Professional.
If you want to go into details on how we do stuff, feel free to PM me ;)

Btw, where did you heard about the game ?
BigB
-
-

Postby Jed » Sun May 13, 2012 6:13 am

Thanks for the speedy reply! Totally cool without being on Steam, just curious if it was already in the cards. If the game is pre-ordered off the site are we just given a download link and key then when available?

I may just have a few more questions to ask as I'm just looking to break into a more meaty project (those I'll pm thanks!).

Also I believe I found out about you guys via www.spacegamejunkie.com, more specifically this post:
http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/miscella ... vertising/

so I guess an article about how he will be advertising for your game was the advertising that informed about said title. I also saw a Youtube video on The Angry Joe Show and that basically sealed the deal! Hope that helps.
Jed

Postby BigB » Sun May 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Yup, that's about it, replying on our site you will get a download link and the key when it's available.
Yup, feel free to pm.

I saw that article at spacegamejunkie, funny blog post :)
BigB
-
-

Postby Jed » Mon May 14, 2012 5:19 am

Sounds good! Pre-order placed.
Jed

Postby Lordxorn » Tue May 15, 2012 1:05 am

Per this page, it says if we pre-order we get it earlier.
http://geminiwars.camel101.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=27

Why should you pre-order Gemini Wars?

▪ You may help shape up the game (this doesn’t mean that all the feedback we get will be implemented, just imagine collecting feedback from all different people and putting it all into one game…) but we do listen, just check the forums.

▪ You will get the game cheaper.

You will get the game earlier.

▪ You will be supporting game development on the PC. Gemini Wars is entirely self-funded, and as you may imagine we lack funds to make certain things in the game that we would love to.
Big publishers are moving away from the PC market because of piracy. If you are a PC gamer and a strategy fan, your pre-order will help significantly the development of this game.

How much earlier?
Lordxorn

Postby BigB » Tue May 15, 2012 4:52 am

Lordxorn wrote:Per this page, it says if we pre-order we get it earlier.
http://geminiwars.camel101.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=27

Why should you pre-order Gemini Wars?

▪ You may help shape up the game (this doesn’t mean that all the feedback we get will be implemented, just imagine collecting feedback from all different people and putting it all into one game…) but we do listen, just check the forums.

▪ You will get the game cheaper.

You will get the game earlier.

▪ You will be supporting game development on the PC. Gemini Wars is entirely self-funded, and as you may imagine we lack funds to make certain things in the game that we would love to.
Big publishers are moving away from the PC market because of piracy. If you are a PC gamer and a strategy fan, your pre-order will help significantly the development of this game.

How much earlier?

Hello Lordxorn,

Oops, that's a mistake, I'm sorry about that., gonna ask Rick to fix the page tomorrow.
The game will be released on June 8th, and everyone that pre-ordered it will get a download link on that day.
BigB
-
-

Postby Lordxorn » Tue May 15, 2012 5:43 am

Thanks for the clarification. =)
Lordxorn

Return to General