General

was a big fan of sins, help convince me to get this game!

General

Re: was a big fan of sins, help convince me to get this game

Postby BigB » Mon May 14, 2012 12:09 am

Yes, it does have multiple solar systems and multiple planets.
In that aspect is like Sins, but in Sins you have a network of planets around a star, and you develop a planet.
I say it's not like Sins, because in Sins you have diplomacy, and somehow it feels a more slow game than Gemini is, and in Gemini you have a big campaign with plenty of cinematics.
Then you can have multiple systems (I don't know how well this works, I never played Sins with more than one system).

In Gemini you have a system, each system has asteroids and planets.
To travel between each planet/asteroid it works like Sins(to a degree, as here you have to recharge your engines before jumping again), however you won't start with engines capable to jump anywhere you want inside that system, you need to research engines tech to be able to jump further away, and to be able to jump outside of your home system you need to build a stargate structure inside a wormhole.

On that video, I think what you saw was a Research Station.
But yes, there's more defenses than that, you have a huge shield generator, and a couple of defensive turrets that you can build for defensive purposes.

There's no option to disable super weapons, but the AI can only build one per system, so you can't be spawned by it.

In the campaign mode, it really depends on the mission.
On Skirmish, it's still under development and it will be released after the game is out for free, but yes, it can be played like that (depends on the map).

There are no maps editor planned, however a random map generator is not a bad idea :)
I'm not sure if this could be done, but I can see where are you coming from, it will extende the lifetime of the title.
I will take a look into this.

Gemini has more emphasis on combat than in Sins, at least to me.
The game moves faster than Sins, so you will have action sooner than in Sins, but yes as I stated above you can develop your planets (not as complex as in Sins), but you have 2 properties in each planet (Civilians and Marines) besides shields and defenses that you can build on the planet.
You need Civilians to be able to build Colony Ships, and you need Marines to be able to build Troop Ships and defend your colony against invasions.
Colony ships as the name says, are used to colonize other planets, and Troop Ships are used to invade enemy colony's.
The last option saves you a lot of money.
But Planets exist and have a function, each planet besides giving you more unit cap, are also a requirement for the construction of Battleships and Carriers.
So altough you need ships to fight, you also need Planets to have bigger capital ships, so the more capital ships the stronger your fleet.

I hope I was able to answer your questions :)
BigB
-
-

Postby soul0reaper » Wed May 16, 2012 11:43 pm

yeah, cleared alot of stuff up, thanks. I'm still kind of on the line about this. How long until the pre-order ends?
soul0reaper

Postby Jed » Thu May 17, 2012 3:35 am

I've been getting back into Sins again, and Homeworld doesn't work well anymore on my newer comp so right now I can't wait for the difference Gemini Wars promises. Nothing else sounds like it right now and I have an itch...
Jed

Postby BigB » Fri May 18, 2012 2:46 am

soul0reaper wrote:yeah, cleared alot of stuff up, thanks. I'm still kind of on the line about this. How long until the pre-order ends?

It ends on June 8th.
BigB
-
-

Previous

Return to General