General

Voice overs

General

Voice overs

Postby EvilTesla-RG » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:22 pm

I have a question about the voice overs

Realy these are a minor thing, but I am curious,

Will you have differnt voice-overs for each ship?
(some RTS's in the past have had all the ships have a single voice. Homeworld pulled it off without it sounding cheasy.)

Also, During a battle voices would come over the com saying how the battle was going. "This doesn't look good" or "We're just cleaning up here" or something like it.

How will Gemini Wars be handeling this?
EvilTesla-RG

Re: Voice overs

Postby BigB » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:53 pm

EvilTesla-RG wrote:I have a question about the voice overs

Realy these are a minor thing, but I am curious,

Will you have differnt voice-overs for each ship?
(some RTS's in the past have had all the ships have a single voice. Homeworld pulled it off without it sounding cheasy.)

Also, During a battle voices would come over the com saying how the battle was going. "This doesn't look good" or "We're just cleaning up here" or something like it.

How will Gemini Wars be handeling this?

Ships don't have diferent voice overs yet, they don't even have the needed voice overs.., you probably noticed already some repeated voices "enemy detected" :)
We already have com talk during combat, but the lines are so repeated that I disabled them for the video, but the idea is to have a real combat feeling while ships exchange fire., this is not done yet tough.
Diferent voice overs for each ship, not sure about that, it would mean at least 18 diferent actors.
We currently have 4 voice actors in the game, 3 male and 1 female.
BigB
-
-

Return to General