General

Skirmish Mode idea

Skirmish Mode idea

Postby Asmodai » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Obviously the base management part of the game won't work well for a skirmish mode. So one idea would be to allow for one on one combat (player vs. player or player vs. AI). The map could be selectable or random. Each side has a "Black Talons" army. They'll have to look different of course to easily tell them apart (maybe "Red Talons" vs. "Blue Talons" rofl). Anyway before the match you'll also agree on an amount of money to buy said army. I have no idea what the scale of the money is but you might have say a $100k army match or a $250k army match where each side is given that much money to "buy" their army. There would be present increments (you couldn't have a $137k army match) and players could prepare armies in advance for each level so they just pick from their already made $100k army lists for each battle instead of having to make it from scratch each time.
Asmodai

Re: Skirmish Mode idea

Postby Boris28 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Not bad I like the idea :) Thx
Boris28
-
-

Postby jaket » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Welcome to the forum, Asmodai :)
This is kind of what we're thinking for the skirmish battles. Limiting the army size by cash or command points, and the player then buys his troops from every available faction, building his customized force.
I think it's similar to what they do in the Total War series, in the skirmish battles.
jaket
-
-

Postby Asmodai » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:55 pm

I have no idea what command points are but sounds good to me! :)
Asmodai

Postby L-Blade » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:14 am

That is exactly what I'd like to see in a skirmish mode.

1 - Define amount of cash (command points?)
2 - Buy your troops
3 - Engage in bloody terrifying battle :lol:
L-Blade

Return to General