NEWS

Development Update 02-05-2014

Development Update 02-05-2014

Postby jaket » Fri May 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Hey Guys,

It’s been a while since our last “Black Talons” development update.
We’ve been working 200% on the game: adding content, polishing and fixing bugs.
The game has made a gigantic leap since the beginning of the year – all content added, we’re now polishing and perfecting everything to create the experience that we envisioned from the beginning.

One thing that’s been really important to us is to immerse the player in the game. We don’t want the player to just play some battles with lots of gunfire and explosions. Sure, these are cool, but we want to have these little details that make you feel like you’re part of this universe.

A very important part of Black Talons is the Battlecruiser. Like we’ve said before, the Battlecruiser serves as the HQ of the mercenary company.
The original plan was to use a battlecruiser from Gemini Wars. Not because we wanted to go the “easier way” and reuse assets, but because it made sense, as the action in Black Talons and Gemini Wars takes place in the same universe.
But ultimately we decided to create a new ship from scratch. We wanted the Battlecruiser to feel powerful and unique, a mobile stronghold capable of unleashing destruction on its enemies.

And so we present you the “Paladin”, center of the action on Black Talons, and the place to make all decisions:

Below you can see a couple more screenshots. A dropship approaching an unguarded LZ and a squad of soldiers making a brave stand.. but probably about to be shredded to pieces. If you watch closely, you can see that some of the soldiers are equipped with shotguns. That tells us that this is an Assault Squad, specialized in close quarters combat.

Want to know what happened to these soldiers? Then stay tuned for the next post!
(we probably won’t mention them again, but we have much more exciting stuff to share! 8-) )
jaket
-
-

Re: Development Update 02-05-2014

Postby L-Blade » Fri May 02, 2014 10:59 pm

I've been thinking about asking for news. I see you must have a lot of them to share :D
The screenshots look badass!
L-Blade

Postby nightlegion » Sun May 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Sweet!! Are you guys gonna do any 3d support for your already sick graphics?
nightlegion

Postby jaket » Mon May 05, 2014 4:34 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking.. could you elaborate on the 3d support?
jaket
-
-

Postby nightlegion » Tue May 06, 2014 12:22 am

Looking for the capability to play in 3d graphics using a 3d tv/monitor? Full 3d not just 3 dimensional on a 2d plane.
nightlegion

Postby BigB » Tue May 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Hello nightlegion,

Welcome to the forums ;)
Nope, we are not planning to get the game running on 3d monitors, or any 3d techniques like I have seen once at the Crytek booth at gdc.
We did made some experiences with the Oculus on the game, but somehow I don't think it works with this kind of games.

Thanks !
Bruno
BigB
-
-

Return to NEWS