NEWS

Development Update 26-09-2013

Development Update 26-09-2013

Postby jaket » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Hey Guys,

Today we want to show you a bit more of the maps and levels that we’re building on Black Talons.
As the commander, the player can accept missions in different planets, each with its own environment.
In the images below, you can see the mercenaries in action in 3 different places: assaulting a village on the desert, fighting on an ice jungle and charging up a hill, and infiltrating an enemy base using the cover of the night.

Detection range and movement speed are two examples of how the weather and environment can have an effect during battle.
Native soldiers won’t suffer the environmental penalties that other soldiers do, so it’s a good idea to have local allies while fighting in a particular planet.

We hope you enjoy the screenshots, and please leave your comments or suggestions, we’d love to hear them!

jaket
-
-

Re: Development Update 26-09-2013

Postby Asmodai » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Looks great!

One minor UI suggestion: In the bottom right corner of all the screen shots is a UI element that I believe shows info for the currently selected unit. I guess no unit is selected in any of the screenshots so it's blank. I would suggest that when it's blank like this you either have the background semi-transparent or maybe even have it "minimize" and then "restore" when a unit is selected. Just a minor thing and I realize the UI probably isn't final anyway but I'd figured I'd offer my $0.02. Again though, this game looks great... I can't wait for you to release the Alpha to me ;)
Asmodai

Re: Development Update 26-09-2013

Postby jaket » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:45 am

You are correct, the bottom right shows the portrait and info of the selected unit. We have no unit selected on purpose, as some elements in there are not ready to be shown.
These are some cool ideas that you have there. The UI is something that's actually not closed yet. We might make some changes on the overall design.

We're glad that you're enjoying the screenshots. There's a lot of love and dedication going into this project :)
Alpha tester eh? ;)
jaket
-
-

Return to NEWS