Hardware/Software Problems

Unable to install game correctly.

If you encountered Hardware or OS/Software problems. Post here!

Unable to install game correctly.

Postby randomm » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:38 am

Morning all,

I have recently bought myself a boxed copy of this game from play.com. I have tried to install it several times, however when it nears the end of the installation it just hangs, and when i click on it it shows as "not responding".

However it seems to install partially. I am able to acess the main menu, but when i try and do anything i just end up with a black screen with a white light in the middle of it (i assume it is a star or something).

I have just sent an e-mail to the tech support that i think an admin posted in another thread in here, with a dxdiag attached, i was just wondering if any of you have come over something like this and know a way around it?
randomm

Re: Unable to install game correctly.

Postby Boris28 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:06 am

Hello and welcome to forums.

Try to re download the game it seams by some users it happens that their connections break up in middle of download which corrupts the game install.
Sometimes it happens that on 99% the game hangs/says not responding but thats normal as it tries to install in full speed on your hard drive, just don't press around or it may happen something let it finish and thats it.
Boris28
-
-

Postby carnival73 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 pm

purchased mine digitally from Get Games Go and had the same problem.

Here is the solution:

The executable unpacks itself into your main Temp directory but fails to run the installer.
To locate your main Temp directory:

c:\documents and settings\*user name*\local files (hidden)\temp

or alternatively you can access Start>Run and enter: %temp%

The first two folders in that directory should be named after a lengthy registry string in brackets.
One of those two folders will have a data.bin file (roughly a gig and a half in size) and the installer executable.
Double click the installer.exe to finish installing the game.
carnival73

Postby s0lidb0b » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 am

Sweet! I have have the same problem with the file I downloaded from Get Games as well... I downloaded it 4 times and still couldn't install.

I'll have to try your solution when I get home!
s0lidb0b

Return to Hardware/Software Problems