Patches/Updates

Updates

Patches and updates will be posted in here.

Updates

Postby BigB » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Hey Guys,

We're testing a new patching system that will go live soon, where the update links will be sent to the game window directly.
We also have smaller patches instead of sending the whole game :)
For now we're hosting it on our server, but we'll move the files to a public file server later (if we don't, we risk getting very small download speeds on our server).
So here are the current patches for the game. Latest version is 1.12. This is currently for PC only. We're still trying to get a work around for the Mac updates.

http://geminiwars.camel101.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20

Remember to check your version number before applying the update.
Let us know if you have any problem installing the patches.
BigB
-
-

Re: Updates

Postby Soban » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 pm

you guys giving out patch notes for new versions?
edit: that and are these updates being sent out to services like impulse(Game Stop Now)?
Just followed your example, shout loud enough and someone will eventually take notice. - Garrus
Soban

Postby Boris28 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:46 am

We sent it to Softpedia but it wasn't approved or something as we could not wait anymore and we wait already more then 1 day for their approval we put it on our site.

I just checked its online :)

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games-De ... Wars.shtml
Boris28
-
-

Postby Soban » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:11 am

i took a link from the gwars site anyway, works fine so far ... though ive noticed a few, irregularities ...
USF Heavy turrets are listed as having a Railgun @ 300 damage while the alliance ones only do 24. (the same as the light turrets autocannon?) and theyre hitting my alliance destroyers like a column of tanks, shields (with upgrade 1 completed) are being stripped faster (5 shots) than my military starbases strip shields off of frigates! :shock:
And all my asteroid fields are called "Feld" - a minor typo, but its something that wasnt in the previous build.
Just followed your example, shout loud enough and someone will eventually take notice. - Garrus
Soban

Postby Soban » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:09 am

also to add to that list, my ships dont appear to be able to regain shields while at full health anymore, in addition - health regen isnt working when researched for ships - had to send them back to a starbase to get the shields to come back ... maybe the health displays arnt reading out correctly, as ive noticed when panning between enemy ships - health readouts dont make sense for things like construction ships, suddenly having more hp than my battleship.

Built a carrier - fighters wont respond to commands after the ship is hyperspaced with them launched, need to add a behaviour command that forces strike craft to return to the mothership when she hyperspaces (again, consider adding a charge-lag before hyperspace travel like i mentioned in the post i made about engines.)

Hyperspace ate my carrier!!! no, seriously! my carrier is there ... but "not there" if you catch my drift, i cant control it and its stuck, motionless ... with no model, in deep space - she eventually did come unstuck - definitely fighter squadron related, as the squad seemed to get stuck in limbo also between 2 locations via hyperspace.

USF Super weapon (LRPG?) seems to ... bug out the entire game by doing the following:
- Removes my mouse cursor
- removes large sections of the HUD
- makes it impossible to control most of my units, some also seem to just "lock out"
- cant click many of the menu buttons
- im also not sure if its supposed to destroy everything in a sector in one round? that seems a little ... overpowered,(shielded L3 colony, military starbase, several h-turrets and a research base) didnt get a chance to test out the Alliance variant, was consumed in ship-to-ship combat between his little packs of destroyers and my battleship eating them for breakfast ... the fusion cannons dont seem to offer destroyers much of an advantage in late game, even against frigates or other destroyers.

Just one final note, this is going from a week-old install patched from 1.1 to 1.12 today.
Soban

Postby Anguille » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Soban wrote:And all my asteroid fields are called "Feld" - a minor typo, but its something that wasnt in the previous build.

Seems like you picked up the german patch!
Anguille

Postby Soban » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:32 pm

i downloaded the english one ... :shock:
Soban

Postby BigB » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Yes the "feld" and "field" it's a language flag variable that we forgot to change, and only happens in Skirmish, sorry about that.

Those carriers problems that you just said , I just tried this, and I can't replicate that.
What can I do to replicate what you have experienced ? (carriers invisible stuck in hyperspace) ?
BigB
-
-

Postby Soban » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:18 pm

BigB wrote:Yes the "feld" and "field" it's a language flag variable that we forgot to change, and only happens in Skirmish, sorry about that.

Those carriers problems that you just said , I just tried this, and I can't replicate that.
What can I do to replicate what you have experienced ? (carriers invisible stuck in hyperspace) ?

The carrier had fighters launched when i jumped her, i havnt been able to replicate the issue again myself - it may be because the fighters were involved in combat with an enemy squadron at the time too.
but i have had carriers that steadily run out of fighters as the match progressed too - last night i built 2 of them, captured one (which wouldnt repair beyond 800hp)
two of them were fine, but by the end of the game - one of the carriers i built would only ever have one fighter.
i found a handful of them, awol in the middle of nowhere ... but when ordered to return to the mothership, they started heading back to a military starbase.
Soban

Postby killer723 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:02 am

Soban wrote:
The carrier had fighters launched when i jumped her, i havnt been able to replicate the issue again myself - it may be because the fighters were involved in combat with an enemy squadron at the time too.
but i have had carriers that steadily run out of fighters as the match progressed too - last night i built 2 of them, captured one (which wouldnt repair beyond 800hp)
two of them were fine, but by the end of the game - one of the carriers i built would only ever have one fighter.
i found a handful of them, awol in the middle of nowhere ... but when ordered to return to the mothership, they started heading back to a military starbase.

ive found so far the the cv(cv= carriers) have alot of problems ive tryed to to a fighter dump (ie jump like 10 cv in dump all there fighters then jump out have like one ship stay back so i can see the other ships.) after the fight i get alot of the cv get buged out and will not load or move when the fighters git close. the cv nead to get tweek a bit (btw fighter dumping is great i beet the lass bass on lvl 16 with 8 battleships by it with out loseing one ship
killer723

Return to Patches/Updates